Sunday, December 26, 2010

I Wasn't Dreaming of a Sick Christmas ...

... but that's what we got.  Everyone was sick on Christmas.  And we ran the gamut of illnesses:  ear infections, roseola, tonsillitis, food poisoning and stomach bug.  All within three days.

Good thing about being sick on Christmas:  no one in the house felt like doing much, so we just lounged around as much as possible and watched television.  And since the kids didn't feel well, there was no fighting, arguing and bickering.  We made the most of it.  The kids loved their presents and we loved watching them open 'em up.  I got to talk to family on the phone.  Man, how I miss my mom and sister these days!

Jesse's on night shifts, but thankfully he was up and awake on Christmas morning to be with the kids while they opened presents.  I think of all the moms and dads out there deployed overseas who can't be with their little ones during the holidays, and I remember the year that Jesse missed Christmas.  He was in Iraq at the time.  Thankfully, we lived in Texas with Shug for that deployment, so we were surrounded by family while he was away.  I think it taught me to be even more thankful for the blessings.

Here are some December pictures to catch up a little.  And if you haven't joined the sister blog, Four Big Mouths, make sure you check it out.  It's the place I put all the funny things the kids say around the house.

Looking handsome in his new Snoopy outfit from Grandma


Riley being ... well, Riley.
All our kiddos playing together and not fighting.  It was a momentous occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment