Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Day in the Life

I am amazed at how quickly the days are passing.  Seems my life has been a blur of furiously tackling tasks, completing overdue projects, climbing mountains of laundry and descending to find a houseful of mess to clean.  I haven't really even baked in a couple weeks, resorting to buying sliced bread to save time and energy.  I'm ready for a break, but I don't see that in the schedule.


Next week the older kids will attend their last day of school at Mesabi East.  Next year they will homeschool with Minnesota Virtual Academy.  I will try to enjoy the summer, and pray continuously that the challenge of teaching them at home will go smoothly.  I hope to train them to sleep in a little, at the very least.



In about nine days, we leave for our trip down south to see my family.  I am soooo excited!  I wish I could see them once a month or more ... heck, I wish I could see them every day.  We will visit for two weeks, and then come home to the crazy level of activity that happens in the summer here on the Range.


We will go to the Land of the Loon festival the day after we get back.  Then, in about a month, the 4th of July Freedom Fete here in Aurora.  Lots of lake days on the weekend, we hope.  Trying to soak up the sun in the few warm months as much as possible.  We are also hoping to add some more members to our family ... of the feathered variety.  Chickens!  After we build the deck and the fence, we want to build a coop and put some laying hens in there so we can harvest the eggs.


So, as you can see, life tumbles along, dragging us with it.  Here are a few pictures to keep you up-to-date on the kids.


I see this daily.  He has an obsession with sitting in baskets.

Savvy wanted her hair cut short for summer.  So I broke out the scissors and obliged her.

I just had to take this picture of Brooke wearing her "stylish hat".

Riley singing in the spring musical at school last week.

And though it's not one of my children, it is one of my passions.  Getting the new garden started ... finally!

Our marigolds standing guard against the bugs and deer.
If you don't hear from me in the next few days, don't worry.  I'm still here; just trying to tread water and keep my head held high.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck at MNVA and welcome to the K12 Family. Make sure to visit our Parent's Lounge and Facebook page to connect with us and other K12 families~

    Have a great summer~
    steph h
    www.k12.com/blog

    ReplyDelete