Thursday, August 25, 2011

Salvage Toy Box

Picked this wooden crate up at an estate sale for $7.  I had some rustic red paint that I was going to use in the kitchen, until I discovered that it was an atrocious color for the walls surrounded by vintage brown tiles.  However, it works perfectly as an accent color on the "new" old toy box for the chunky toys that won't fit in my neatly organized baskets.

I swept and lightly sanded the inside and gave it a good coat of paint.  This was mainly for decorative purposes, but it did also seal off the surface that the toys will be touching.  


In future days, I plan to put casters on the bottom so that it will roll.  But I keep getting visions of kids scooting around, skating in it and using it was a wheeled sled in the house.  For now, the wheels will remain a future addition.


No comments:

Post a Comment