Thursday, December 29, 2011

Resolved

Guess it's that time of year again, when we all make promises that mostly don't get kept.  Ah, the New Year's Resolution.  I think I have good intentions every year.  Just very little follow through, and hey, that's not a new thing for me.

Last year I resolved to have all my Christmas shopping down by the end of November.  And THAT didn't happen.  It's really the only resolution I can remember, and I still didn't get 'er done.  Of course, I really don't remember making the resolution to get pregnant with baby #5 either, so life can sometimes show us that we aren't the ones in charge anyway.

Alas, I will once again make a few resolutions.  But they are more like guidelines.


  • I will once again attempt to have all the Christmas gifts made or bought by December 1st.
  • I will tone these flabby muscles enough so that carrying and pushing this next baby out of my soon-to-be 36-year old body won't kill me.
  • I will do my best to be the role model for my kids that God wants me to be.
  • I will learn to let things go when they're not going my way, and remember that God is in control anyway.


That's about the best I can do.  Follow-through is not my strong suit, but these goals seem somewhat attainable.

No comments:

Post a Comment