Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Quilting Again

Facebook hooked me up with a local crafting group online, and we like to post pictures and tutorials of all our craftiness in the group forum.  We are finally getting together for a craft night this week.  One of the challenges that the leader of the group gave us was a Disappearing 9-patch block.  
You make a 9-patch block, then cut it in quarters.  Then you can spin the quarters around, mix it all up and sew it back into a square for a block that makes it look like you did a lot more work than you really did.  My kind of quilt block.  It has been MANY years since I did any quilting, so it's been interesting getting back in the swing of it.  Not to mention that the kids lost my rotary cutter ... grrrrr.

So, my squares aren't that square.  And they don't all match up.  Oh well.  I'm a beginner, and it's a fun outlet for my insanity.  I've got 5 of 12 blocks done.  After it's all pieced, I plan to make a car seat carrier cover out of it.  I'll post finished pictures once it's done, but here's what I've got so far.

My niece, Brenna, is learning to quilt too.  She's 13, and I have no doubt this is something that she'd be able to do to.  

It's an easy first time project if you're wanting to start the quilting journey.  Here's the tutorial that I used from the challenge.




No comments:

Post a Comment