Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Favorite Holiday Guessing Game

This was a conversation I just had with my Brookie:

Brooke:  "Mom, Mom?!  Guess which holiday is my favorite."

Me:  "Ok.  Hmmm.  Your birthday?"

Brooke:  "Nope.  Try again."

Me:  "Christmas?"

Brooke:  "No."

Me:  "St. Patrick's Day?"

Brooke:  [Blank stare.  Thinking face.]  "What's that?"

Me:  "Never mind.  How about April Fool's Day?"

Brooke:  "No, no, no."

Me:  [Sighing.]  "Uh, Halloween?"

Brooke:  "Mom, no.  Listen.  You know that time we went to Grandma's house and got cookies?  That holiday."

Me:  "You're going to have to give me a little more detail."

Brooke:  [Throws her hands up in the air.]  "Ok, it's something like ... it has to do with Jesus.  Rooster? or something like that?"

Me:  "You mean Easter?  The day we celebrate Jesus coming back to life?"

Brooke:  "Yep!  That's it!"

Me:  "Ok, what about Easter?"

Brooke:  "Oh, nothing.  I just like it."

No comments:

Post a Comment