Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Ears Work Just Fine, Thankyouverymuch!

"MOM!  MOM!  Did you hear that?  Brooke called Savvy a poopyhead!!!"

"MOM!  Mommy, mama, MOM!!!"

Why yes, dear children, I hear you.  

I hear you when you speak, 
I hear you when you yell.
I hear you in my sleep, 
I hear you very well.
I hear you when I'm shopping,
I hear you when I'm chopping,
I hear you in the shower
And I when I hear you I cower.

I try to ignore you,
I try to implore you
to be quiet for twenty seconds more.
Mommy needs a nap, 
Mommy needs a cap,
to pull over her ears and block out the incessant chatter that is absolutely, freaking positively driving me frikkin nuttier than the schizo in the corner talking to his crayons and whispering to his drawing, "If only those kids would just shut the heck up I could get some peace and quiet and listen to the aliens that have invaded my head."

There, I feel better.

1 comment: