Saturday, January 22, 2011

DIY Laundry Detergent

After reading The Duggars' book, I was inspired to make my own laundry detergent the way that they do.  And it was super easy!


Ingredients:

1 Fels-Naptha bar of laundry soap
1 cup washing soda (Arm & Hammer)
1/2 cup Borax










To make the dry stuff, grate the bar of Naptha soap into tiny pieces.  Mix together with the washing soda and Borax, and presto!  Laundry detergent!  Use 1 tbsp for small loads, 2 for big loads. 

This is what it looks like all mixed together in the container, a grainy yellowish-white mixture.

 














When this batch runs out, I plan to make the concentrate gel formula of the same ingredients.  I've been very pleased with the way it cleans my clothes.  Took baby mess and dried food stains right out, so it's a winner in my book.


No comments:

Post a Comment