Monday, April 4, 2011

Snow ... Really?!

I guess Old Man Winter is playing an April Fool's joke on northern Minnesota.  It's in the 30s, which is okay, considering our subzero winter temps.  But now fresh snow is decorating my freshly thawed back yard, and I have to admit to being peeved.  


My sister likes to rub it in my face that her garden is sprouting and her kids are swimming in the pool already.  Man, all I want to do is find my front sidewalk under all the snow on the north side of my house.  I wish I had been able to plant some tulips in the fall, because I would be seeing their perty little faces in a few weeks.  I guess for now I'll have to be satisfied with planning our garden and getting ready to build the deck.



1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! Maybe make a colored water solution and let the kids spray it on the snow as a winter alternative to sidewalk chalk? hehe Spring will come, then summer, and while everyone else is complaining about over 100* temps and stuck inside because of the heat, you'll have your turn to brag about sitting comfortably outside on your new deck. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete