Friday, July 22, 2011

Preparing for Home Invasion

About six weeks of summer remain before our Big Homeschool Adventure begins.  Riley and Savvy are officially enrolled in Minnesota Virtual Academy, an online K-12 school.  I will also be instructing Brooke in pre-K curriculum and chasing Isaac around at the same time.


As if that isn't daunting enough, the time has come to prepare the house for the school room.  I'm also thinking of schedule planning, lunch menus, physical activities and a myriad other concerns that a homeschool family needs to prepare for.


Got any ideas or pointers?  Tips or hints?  I'd be happy for some advice. 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! We're doing the same thing over here. I've been reading a book called "The Imperfect Homeschooler's Guide to Homeschooling" by Barbara Frank. I can actually send you my copy if you want. Not that you're imperfect, it sounds like you've got things pretty much under control. ;) But it's helping me to look at the whole picture. There's a lot to do and a lot to take care of, but if things stay simplified and organized and you keep the end goal in mind, you won't get too bogged down in the minor details.

    But, for some practical tips, can you find a school lunch menu online, or do you have an old one from their years at public school? I would just copy that, adjusting it for what your kids like, but those are pretty kid friendly already. I know there are lots of kid cookbooks in the library you could check out to get menu ideas, too.

    Again, good luck! Post your ideas and what you're doing for the school room, I'd be interested to see it.

    ReplyDelete