Monday, November 8, 2010

The Restoration Movement

Over the past week, I have been plodding along, trying to get the painting finished in this house.  I finally completed the dining room, only to have it end up looking like the green screen in special effects sets.  Pretty sure that sucker is going to be re-painted a light yellow.  Which will tie in perfectly to our reclaimed table in the kitchen.  A nice segue, if you will.

And I've come to find out that black is not the most forgiving paint color out there.  In fact, when it veers outside the intended lines, it screams "FAILURE!" at me.  Needless to say, I will be dragging the khaki paint up from the basement to touch up the kitchen once all is said, done and coated in black.

A few pictures of the progress ... which is slim, but remains the reason I have not blogged in a week.

Brown cabinets after the hardware was changed
Painted the door off-white and the trim black

There is a black stripe that runs completely around the kitchen now

Began painting the cabinets yesterday.  Going to be a tedious process.  One step at a time!

The ONE cabinet door that has been completed.


Detail of the artistic endeavors of yours truly

2 comments:

  1. I still have the picture you pained for me in Texas. "Home is where the Marine Corps Takes us"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me likey the black cabinets. That's going to look great!

    ReplyDelete