Saturday, November 19, 2011

And Snow It Begins!

The time is upon us once again, way up here in the Frozen North.  Snow is falling, chimneys are smoking and salty snow-mud is being continuously tracked into the house.

Ah, winter.

Low tonight is 7 degrees.  I'm just happy when it's above zero.  Pretty sure this Texas gal has acclimated to the harsh Minnesota winters.  I can go outside in short sleeves in the 30s, although not for too long.  Long enough to take out the trash or walk the dog.  Cold is below zero, a little chilly is above.  (But I am so thankful for our modern gas furnace that keeps the house warm!)

I actually enjoy shoveling snow.  It gets me outside in the crisp, fresh air and I get a little exercise.  I also get a little peace and quiet, since I normally do this when little ones are napping, or the big girls can watch the little tyrants.

The kids have played in the snow.  And left toys, hats, scarves and mittens in the snow.  Had to do a little rescue mission just this morning on a pair of errant mittens.  Soon, Jesse will take the big girls to Giant's Ridge to learn to use their snowboards.  I like to just sit at home and drink some hot cocoa.

I wonder when we'll see the ground again.  April, May?  I know by then I'll be tired of the white and want to see some green.  But the white stuff suits me just fine now.

No comments:

Post a Comment