Sunday, November 13, 2011

Witty Title ... Nope

So, um, yeah.  Been a month since my last post.  Gee.  A lot can happen in a month.  Like this:



Yep, Baby #5 is due June 18th!  Today I am right at 9 weeks along, and things are going great.  We saw a tiny little heartbeat at our six week mark, and we are so excited for our little surprise.

School has been going great.  I moved teaching time to when Isaac is napping, so that I don't have to recover a climbing mountain goat-boy off various tall pieces of furniture or countertops while trying to teach the big kids.  We've gotten into the groove of learning at home, and I must confess to being more relaxed now that I am not so uptight about everything.

Biggest thing is not making school like a brick and mortar school.  We learn traditionally, with books and worksheets.  And we learn hands-on by doing.  The toughest part is not being too relaxed, especially when the morning sickness from #5 drives me to the couch.

Other than school and new baby, life is much the same as it was a month ago.

No real snow yet, although we've had two "dustings".  I both anxiously await and dread the first big snowfall of the year.  If it is like last year's first big snow, it stayed on the ground until May.  And the experts are predicting a year like the last.  Thank God for shovels, salt and snowblowers.

So I bid you adieu from the not-too-frozen Tundra.  Hopefully, I will remember to post more often.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment