Saturday, March 26, 2011

Deceptively Delicious ... We Shall See!

A great friend of mine, Mandy, recommended Jessica Seinfeld's book Deceptively Delicious.  It has lots of kid friendly dishes with hidden superfoods mixed in the recipe.


Yesterday at the grocery store I picked up quite a few fruits and veggies to puree and stock my freezer.  The two that I chose to work with today were the sweet potatoes and butternut squash.


I learned two things today:  the first being I really hate the smell of butternut squash puree.  The other is that I most definitely need a food processor.  Trying to use the equipment I had on-hand was good.  So is learning that our lame blender cannot function as a food processor.  Oh, and it is a very messy process any way you look at it.  But that's three things.  Oh well.


That said, I still have broccoli, zucchini, apples, avocado, bananas and cantaloupe to prepare and process.  Not sure which recipe I will try first, but I'll post the results

No comments:

Post a Comment