Friday, March 18, 2011

Sprung?!

I can see GRASS in my yard, and it rained without snowing or sleeting.  I guess that means spring has begun to emerge from its long winter sleep.  I really haven't seen grass in the yard since October, so I am so excited to see it.


Grass beneath the snow!


Soon it will be time to get out and plant in my flower beds and gardens.  Soon, as in May.  Ugh.  Only a month to go until I can get the veggies in the ground.  Hopefully sooner than that I can dig out the flower beds enough to put in some bulbs that didn't get  planted in the fall.  And then to pray that they bloom.  First time I will have ever grown tulips on my own.


Until I can get out and get my hands dirty, I've been keeping busy sewing and doing inside projects.  Next projects in the works:  pillowcase-style dresses from men's button down shirts for Savvy and Brooke, and a button down shirt for Isaac.  Then I'm going to attempt some cloth pull-ups for Brooke and the neverending night time potty training.


For today, though, we are headed out to see Jesse's grandparents in Duluth, and maybe do a little shopping while we're down there.  I'm looking forward to the drive, so that I can maybe get a few pages down on the current book I'm reading:  The Sacrifice by Beverly Lewis.  I have become addicted to her wholesome Amish stories that tell of growth and grace.  If you've never read her books, I'd suggest starting with the first one, The Shunning.


Until later!

No comments:

Post a Comment