Wednesday, March 9, 2011

In Need of Advice!

Homeschool seemed a sure thing for next school year, but now I am wavering.  The girls are saying that they don't want to do it now, and I'm not sure if making them do it will be effective in the long run.  However, I do feel that it is what God wants me to do, despite the difficulty.  I even have Savvy's teacher begging me to keep her in school because she's such a blessing to the teaching staff.  ARGH!  I'm so confused.

I guess questioning is normal, but I just want to do what is right for the kids.  We plan to join a homeschool group, so they will not have to worry about a lack of interaction with peers.  I plan to use Connections Academy, which is accredited through the state.  And I also will supplement with some Bob Jones material.  It all seems clear to me, but I still face the kids saying they don't want to homeschool. 
 

Have any other h/s parents out there had this experience?  Does it work out in the end?

I need advice!

2 comments:

  1. Just keep praying and do what you know God wants you to do! The kids will come around. And I agree with the younger the better! planning is the key. field trips and activities with the home school organization will help too. maybe you could join now and get to know some and let your girls meet and make friends. that might help.
    I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Just keep praying! I am in the same limbo you are. I said I wouldn't homeschool if we were in a small town where I knew all of the teachers personally, like the school I went to growing up. I want to keep my kiddos innocent for as long as possible, but I want interaction with other kids.

    I'll keep praying for the both of us!

    ReplyDelete