Friday, March 18, 2011

From Button-down to Pillowcase Top

Yesterday's sewing project:  turning a Goodwill men's button down shirt into a pillowcase-style shirt for Riley.  Pretty simple.  I even used the existing armholes for the shape of the new ones.  All I did was hold up the shirt to Riley, make some mental calculations, cut and sew.


Hopefully in another post I can explain how simple this kind of top is.  My good friend Mandy Geiger has made a business out of making pillowcase dresses.


The shirt before the big cuts


I love plaid, and this one screamed little girl to me!


Detail view of the top of the shirt.  Notice the buttons?  They make a cute accent.


The final shirt.
 This was a fun project, and it only took about 45 minutes start to finish.  Like I said, I'll explain the how-to in another blog.  But for now, I've gotta get ready to head to Duluth.


Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the buttons!!! So fun!!! Thanks for the plug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're mighty welcome. Feel free to plug my awesomeness in as many places you want. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete