Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

A Dremel tool set to replace his stolen ones, and cards made my the older girls.  That's the Father's Day gift this year for the hubs.  I am so blessed that God has given me the world's best husband and father to my kiddos.  And while I am so happy to celebrate his day, I am missing my own Daddy today as well. 

We lost my dad, Robert Pate, seven years ago this June.  I miss him so much.  The grandkids called him Papa Bear.  I remember the last Christmas that we had with him ... he and Mom came to our house in Bryan during one of the worst hail and thunderstorms I've ever experienced.  Baseball sized hail!  But I mostly remember my dad on the floor, chasing a crawling Riley across the floor. 

I was pregnant with Savvy when he died.  My only regret is that he never got to meet Savvy, Brooke and Isaac. 

My dad had this mischievous twinkle in his eye.  Even when he was just relaxing, he always looked like he was up to no good.  My Aunt Donna said that he could charm anyone out of anything, and she lost many a candy bar to prove it.  He was a rough man, but an old softy.  Liked to pick on ya if he liked ya.  That kind of guy.

His life ended too soon, at the age of 53.

Miss you, Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment