Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Weekend Grind

So, I've discovered that it's VERY, VERY hard to blog on the weekends.  Seems like we are constantly moving and doing, and at the same time, getting next-to-nothing done.  But this weekend was a productive one.

I have New Car Fever ... bad.  After searching new and used cars all day Thursday and Friday, and car shopping in person on Friday and Saturday, we weren't able to locate that perfect vehicle to fill the 'Burb's shoes.  We've decided to go ahead and use the money (in the future) to fix up the Suburban and make it a much nicer vehicle on the inside.  Thankfully, there is nothing wrong with the engine and it's very reliable.  I think that I am being taught to be thankful for the things I have and not to be envious of the newer, flashy trucks roaring down the highway.

It's Sunday now, and though I've been going at it non-stop, the only thing that I've managed to get accomplished is a couple loads of laundry (blah) and cleaning the downstairs bathroom (ick).

Jesse was much more successful in getting stuff done.  He got one of the seats removed from the truck -- to aid in loading/unloading heathen children.  And he got the garage clean enough to move the trailer inside.  Now the mowers won't have to worry about weed-whacking around that sucker anymore.  Just have to get the grass to grow back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment