Friday, September 16, 2011

Cool Yer Jets, Man!

We woke up the last two mornings to Jack Frost's wintery gifts.  Lows got down in the 20s already, and it snowed very briefly the other day.  So hard to believe that autumn is here with winter nipping at its heels.


Time to start slowing down, I suppose.  If it's possible.  Which I really don't think it is.  How can I possibly slow down with all the demands on my time?  And yet, over the last month I've slowed my pace in the mornings and evenings, so that I can have a special time reading God's word.  

I confess ... I do not read my Bible nearly enough.  The last few weeks have been very challenging, and when enough was enough, I began leaning on the "everlasting arms" of God.  Morning and night He has shown me in His word how much He loves me, and what He expects of me in this life.  It has been a wonderful and humbling experience.  

So if impending winter is reminding me that the earth slows, then I suppose it is only fitting that I slow with it.  And maybe if I'm not moving so fast, God won't have to raise His voice to get my attention.  :)

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment