Wednesday, September 28, 2011

More Changes for a Stress-Free Life

In previous posts, I mentioned that we were using K12 curriculum through Minnesota Virtual Academy.

No more!!

While it is a good option and a great program, at this time in our lives it is not the best fit for the family.  What do I mean?

You could say that trying to work 10 hours of scheduled class time into a home with children who like to climb into aquariums, scale bookcases, experiment with household cleaners and smuggle restricted objects was just a teensy, weensy bit much for me to handle.  If you did, indeed, say that you would be correct.

Trying to juggle the unexpected joys of parenting toddlers while attempting to teach two school age children was just too difficult a task under the K12 program.  Therefore, I switched to my own program.  It combines the strategy of the Sonlight Christian curriculum with a few other resources found online and some Bob Jones University, Apologia, and other curriculum loaned to me by a friend.  

My friends have been wonderfully supportive in loaning me materials.  I even found a great bargain bin sale day at BetterWorldBooks.com.

Even though we've gone through yet another change, this time it is for the best.  This mama is not nearly as stressed, and we finish school in about three hours versus eight or nine.  I even have time to sew again.  And paint cabinets.  And clean the house and do laundry.  And pee and brush my teeth.  

Ah, glorious life!

1 comment:

  1. Whoot whoot! I love when people are proactive and fix situations that aren't working. And time to pee is always good. ;)

    ReplyDelete