Friday, September 30, 2011

Field Trip FAIL ... kind of

Our first field trip with homeschoolers was a bit of a bust.  Not because of the location or event.  That was great!  I don't know if the girls paid attention, but I learned quite a few things about Tower, MN and the railroad that trucked iron ore to Duluth in the late 1800s through the 1960s.

Our friend from church, Krista, invited us and a few other families to the Tower Train Museum.  It's a great little museum with big trains and a depot full of historic relics.  And I thought that since Isaac loves trains, it would be a hit.

Nope.

He was great the first few minutes of the depot tour, but when it came time to see the trains ... well, things went downhill fast.  You see, trains have stairs.  And Isaac loves stairs.  Therein lies the problem.

When the little guy wasn't allowed to climb all the sets of stairs, he transformed into a squirmy, screamy gremlin.  Fifteen minutes of trying to restrain the monster had my arms in knots and my ears in pain.  I know it wasn't pleasant for anyone else on the tour either.  


I gave up, called it quits, said goodbye to friends and loaded the truck.  Bag lunches prepared for a fun feast on a box car became fare for the ride home.

I think next time we will just get a babysitter for The Boy, if possible.  

Here is a picture before he transformed into Jack-Jack with baby powers.






I tried taking one while he was having his wee little tantrum, and this was the result.  Kind of an interesting picture.



And here are a few other pics from the trip.  







No comments:

Post a Comment