Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sew Much More Time!

Now that I've switched to my new school day, I find that I have time to do things again.  Things that I love, like home improvement and crafty schmafty stuff. 

Most of you know that I love cloth diapers on the kiddos.  Lately, things were so hectic that I had Isaac in disposable diapers just to save time.  We have more time on our hands now, so back into the cloth he went.

And the search for the best diaper pattern continues.  This is my latest AIO pocket diaper.


The outer is 1 mm PUL, with 16-gauge snaps.  Next time I make it, I will add hip snaps.  The shell pattern was based on a SmartiPants diaper that I stretched out and traced.  The inner is flannel, which wicks moisture away pretty well.  In this case, it's made out of a receiving blanket Isaac had as an infant.  Not a bad way to upcycle.  :)  The soaker loads (haha) through the back of the diaper.


Things to do next try:  hip snaps and sewing a "channel" that the soaker would feed into, rather than stuffing in between the layers.  In other words, a casing of sorts sewn to the flannel inner lining to hold the soaker.  I'll point it out on the next go-round.

No comments:

Post a Comment