Friday, October 8, 2010

Can I have ______ to eat, Mommy?

Sometimes Thing 3 confounds me.  She would snack all blessed day if I let her!  But I don't.  Because if I do, then she will not eat meals.  Instead, I get to listen to, "Mommy, can I have some _____ to eat?"  Fill in the blank with bananas, apples, Goldfish, crackers, candy, brownies, cereal bars ... the list could go on and on.  I swear, the child acts like she hasn't eaten in four days.  But put her down at the table with a meal in front of her and she'll hardly touch it.  It's almost as if she has to be walking around or playing to eat.  

But at least she eats.  We went through Food Wars with Things 1 & 2 for many years, and have only now gotten that problem resolved.  Anyone else have a problem with kids not eating food unless it looks like a chicken nugget, grilled cheese or pb&j, or a fish stick?  So while Brooke nags me all day for food, at least she will eat a variety of foods without much problem.  Small mercies.

And right after I finished posting this, Brooke asks, "Can I have a snack?  Can I have candy?"  Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. My kiddos love those as well, but I am beginning to think that they are part Asian. They will eat anything if I call it Chinese or Japanese. They ate Vietnamese last week!

    ReplyDelete