Sunday, October 24, 2010

Super Saturday!

Ah, Saturday.  A day to relax, kick back, maybe putz around the house doing odd jobs that I've been putting off.  Uh, not so much.  The first day of my weekend was a continuation of the Friday before, which meant lots of preparation for Savvy's birthday party with her friends on Saturday afternoon.  I gave up on trying to get the basement clean for a play area.  Instead, I threatened to take all the girls' things if their room was spotless.  Room clean:  check.  Made the birthday cake on Friday afternoon and let it cool for frosting.  This year's theme was horses.  Got up Saturday morning and finished the cake, so check that off the list.  Got some cool little crafts at Target on clearance for the kids to work on at the party.  Opened those up and prepped them as much as I could and still have parts for the kids to put together in a short period of time.  Tidied up the house, stuffed a bunch of laundry baskets up in my room, locked that door, made Kool-aid, hung decorations and glanced at the clock.  2:58pm.  Nice!  Two minutes to spare.  


Overall, the party was fun, but it would have been nice to have a helping hand now and then with the little ones.  But I survived and was pleasantly surprised that Savvy's friends were well-behaved and didn't scream and cry and tear up and down the stairs.  Riley fed Isaac his bottle at one point, and the day pretty much went better than expected.






Then I got to relax for about 27 minutes before getting everyone ready to head to Jesse's parents' for Carol's birthday get-together.  It was nice being with family and getting to see Jesse's brothers and my sis-in-law.  Who called me her "sister" and not her "sister-in-law", which just about made my day.  (I heart you, Carly!)

Eight o'clock and we load up, come home, chuck the kids in bed.  Relax until 2100, and then hit the hay.  I finished the book White by Ted Dekker, and was very pleased with the way the trilogy ended.  I will review it in another post.

So, today is Sunday and I'm keeping the little ones home with me and sending the older ones to Sunday school with Grandma and Pop.  Isaac and Brooke have a cold, and I'll spend the day praying that I won't get it next.  I'll count my blessings and thank God that tomorrow is a day off for Jesse, and I'll remember to be grateful for these random bits of normalcy in an otherwise chaotic life.

No comments:

Post a Comment