Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Epitome of Lazy

Confession time:  today I am a lazy mama.  I have no desire to accomplish anything, other than finish Red by Ted Dekker.  Which is an awesome book, possibly more awesomer than the first one.  And, yes, I know this is not a word but it works just as well.  

About the only thing I accomplished was popping popcorn on the stove, the old-fashioned way.  I thought the older girls would get a kick out of seeing the kernels sizzle and explode.  But, of course, I was wrong.  They would rather watch Hannah Stinkin' Montana.  With a tub of popcorn in their laps, no thanks to Lazy Mama.

At the moment, The Boy is upstairs for nap #2.  He's been such a sweetie pie today, coming up to me and smooching all over my face.  I absolutely love the way babies give kisses.  A mouth wide-open, tonsils-showing droolfest coming right atcha.  Sweet and a little gross at the same time, but cherished nonetheless.

"Crazy Mom with Glasses" by Brooke
And now, for the Rest of the Story
I walk up the stairs with The Boy in my arms, take the safety gate off the doorway and go into the room that Isaac shares with the little heathen known as Brooke.  I knew she was awake, because the pitter patter of little feet heard on the baby monitor gave her away.  The tumbled covers on her bed made me think she was hiding, so I went and ripped them away and said, "Boo!"  However, the surprise was on me.

She wasn't in her bed.  Retreating, I look in the bathroom, the older girls' bedroom, my room.  Nothing.  No Brooke.  Then I catch some movement out of the corner of my eye, and BAM! there she is ... sitting in her brother's crib with his pacifier in her mouth.  Guess we haven't completely conquered the Pappy Addiction.

But this won't interfere with my Saturday sloth.  Yes, she was disciplined.  And now I'm about to blissfully go back to reading and hoping that the little ones are happy to watch Phineas and Ferb figure out what THEY are going to do today.

Me?  A whole lotta nothin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment