Thursday, March 3, 2011

Diaper Attempt #2: Success!

Different pattern, slightly better diaper.  I still haven't put the snaps on the first one, and I'm really not sure that I am going to waste the effort. 

I like the way this one turned out:

Outer layer is flannel, with a PUL layer underneath that.  The snaps weren't too hard to attach.  Only screwed up one.

Not sure if I will need to add hip snaps or not, but this one is supposed to be the 12-18 months size.  I adjusted the pattern to snaps.  It called for a velcro/aplix closure.

My top stitch was a bit wide on the crotch elastic area, but I can correct that with the next one.  The inner layer is white suedecloth, good for wicking to the soaker in the pocket beneath.
Not a bad effort, all in all.  I think with the next one I'll make some adjustments to the width of the side flaps.  But I like the way it turned out, so I may stick with this pattern for a little while.  The pattern is by Jalie, and you can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment