Sunday, March 20, 2011

Pink Bathroom Reno: Part One

This pink bathroom is charming, with the Eisenhower era tile and the matching pink toilet.  However, it's a pain in the butt to decorate.  


A few Before pics:


Picture taken while house hunting

Yes, that's brown and black mosaic tile on the floor.

The problem is the floor.  It's pretty, but doesn't work well with the pink tile.  As a solution, I recently painted the walls "sand castle" beige and distressed with some brown paint.  Now I've begun to add some silhouette art, which I think brings in the black nicely and gives it a vintage feel.  The silhouettes were taken from a vintage scrapbook my mother-in-law Carol has.



To the upper left of the drummer will be the "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord" Bible verse.  I plan to put up another on the wall behind the toilet, and once all is said and done, I will take the BIG picture showing the transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment