Thursday, March 24, 2011

Winter's Fighting Back

While I'm thankful that The Range missed the humongous snow storm -- it went south of us -- I'm not happy that winter is still holding on tooth and nail.  Last night the low was below zero, and at 0830 this morning the radio deejay was saying it was a balmy 5 degrees outside.  Ugh.  The bright sun is slowly melting the snow, despite the  freezing temps, but I am really hankering for some spring-like weather again.


It also helps that I am a homebody.  I'd much rather be snug as a bug in my own home than freezing outside, and it's because of this that I am able to catch up on a LOT of sewing projects.  Normally, the urge to serge happens about twice a year; this sewing wave has lasted much longer than usual.  I am determined to complete all the projects I've bought material for.  Confession is good for the soul:  I have an addiction to pretty fabric.  I will buy and buy and buy until I'm stuffed to the gills with the stuff.  It's then that I lose the desire to sew.  The fabric then sits in storage or collects dust until the next wave hits.  



But not this time!!  I've got dresses, regular and Easter; pajama pants for the big girls; two button-down shirts for Isaac; and diapers galore to sew before I finish this time.  Every day I narrow down the list, and the little munchkins have so far cooperated with me on that.  Doesn't hurt that my new sewing area is gated.  Ha!


On the homefront, here's what is happening with everyone else:


Jesse is smack-dab in the middle of a long 11-day stretch, working nine 12-hour day shifts and turning around to work two 12-hour night shifts.  I must say that I have become spoiled to having him home every three days or so to help with the kiddos.


Riley and Savvy are in the last couple of months of school at Mesabi East.  Next year I will homeschool them, and I think they are getting more and more used to the idea.  Especially since we learned they can do sports and other activities at the school with the other children.  And Riley has made a new friend at church who is a homeschooler as well.  We've been praying for Riley on this.  Savvy's class is going to the planetarium in Hibbing today, and tomorrow the class is having "Beach Day".  She's hoping I get her smocked dress done in honor of the occasion.  Brooke and Isaac ... well, they'll be happy for warmer weather so they can get outdoors and play a little.


So that's today's rambling update.  Been a while since I posted anything except projects, which I know you love anyway.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment