Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Reality of Blogging

Lots of people make my day by telling me how they enjoy the blog posts and my Facebook entries.  They tell me they don't know how I do it, with littles ones running around like crazy.  

Today I decided to snap a couple of pictures to show what it is like to blog when Isaac is awake.  The truth is that I normally only blog when The Boy is asleep.  And this is why:



This little guy has very inquisitive fingers.  He adores buttons and loves to push them.  I tolerate the printer buttons, because most of the time it's hibernating.



Notice the finger in motion.  Yeah, he's punching the power button on the computer yet again.  As a matter of fact, this whole blog entry took about an hour, because after he powered down the 'puter he moseyed on over to the dining table and crawled on top.  Then he decided to sample Brooke's strawberry yogurt, while she was eating it.  Which led to much wailing and gnashing of teeth.  Promptly after being removed from the table, he made his way to the couch and Big Sisters.  Climb ensued and then he was in the window, smacking the panes while balancing on the sill.




Then I took a break, and went down to start the load of diapers on the hot cycle.  Which is fun with The Boy on the hip trying to lean over to feel the water flowing into the washing machine while I try desperately to one-handedly scoop Tide into the wash load.




Back upstairs, powered up the computer and attempted this blog entry again.  Isaac presents himself front and center, reporting for duty.  This time it's the keyboard and mouse he attacks.  Then he's scooped up and deposited on the floor to watch The Fresh Beat Band rock out a little.



This particular blog evolution has lasted 57 minutes so far.  And so it is almost every time I post.  But I wouldn't trade my little Sticky Fingers guy for nothin'.  He puts a smile on my face and is just one of the many inspirations for this joyful chaos I love to write about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment